OCI Card Service
Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) Card
The OCI scheme was launched on 2 December, 2005 for the benefit of Persons of Indian Origin. A foreign national, who was eligible to become citizen of India on 26.01.1950, or was a citizen of India on or at anytime after 26.01.1950, or belonged to a territory that became part of India after 15.08.1947, and their children and grand children, is eligible for registration as Overseas Citizen of India. Minor children of such person are also eligible for registration as OCI. However, those persons who were citizens of Pakistan or Bangladesh at any time are precluded from the scheme. The OCI Card once issued is valid for life.
- Multy-entry, multi-purpose life long visa to visit India.
- Exemption from registering with FRRO for any length of stay in India.
- Parity with NRIs in financial, economic and educational fields except for acquisition of agricultural or plantation properties.
- Further benefits as may be notified by the Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs. (www.moia.gov.in)
- The fee for an OCI card is Q.2,200.
- In case of PIO card holders, the fee is Q.200.
- For Minor Q.1160